Laboratory Analyst – ASBESTOS
About the business
Focus Analytics is a niche analytical laboratory providing asbestos analysis services. We are progressive, agile with great industry experience and have the right’ attitude. Focus has two key locations in Auckland and Tauranga with further expansion plans in the pipeline.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Asbestos Analyst to join our extremely busy Tauranga laboratory. You will be working alongside two other staff in a high paced and exciting role.
Benefits and perks
As one of the Focus team, you will be paid above market value whilst using excellent equipment. Focus also has a positive and dynamic team culture, with leadership that constantly rewards the staff.
Living in the stunning Bay of Plenty the right candidate will have the best work/life balance that the country has to offer. Whether its time at the beach or venturing into the vast adventure sports that can be enjoyed in the forests of the greater region. The Greerton area is an excellent base in Tauranga, the laboratory is centrally located close to major settlements, and only a ‘stone’s throw’ to the stunning coastline and expansive national parks.
Focus Analytics also has its main laboratory in Auckland with more sites in the planning. This provides our team with many options for relocation and/or promotion across the group.
Skills and experience
Asbestos analytical experience an absolute must.
- Routine preparation and analysis of asbestos samples.
- Bulk identification and fibre counting in the laboratory
- Development to a company Key Technical Person (KTP)
- Sample management and administration
- Commitment to good laboratory practice and operations
- Assist Branch Manager in their duties
We value the following attributes/experience
- Experience in a similar position in an asbestos lab, for 2-5 years minimum
- Experience with Alpha tracker for identification and air testing desirable.
For interested applicants, please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org